Three Pillars of Remote Distance Teaching and Learning Session #1
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 from 10:00am to 11:30am
- WEBEX Meeting Room to be emailed ahead of time.
Three Pillars of Remote Distance Teaching and Learning
Two sessions available on Thursday, March 19th, NOW BEING HELD VIA WEBEX.
Please still continue to register for the trainings so that we can invite you to the WebEx meetings and provide any resources ahead of time that are needed.
***Note that you do not need to register for all the sessions as they are all the same***
Facilitated by Ken Silvestri, Ryan Storment, Julie Tatarka, and John Usher
To help you transition to a fully online teaching and learning environment, the Center for Faculty Excellence and Academic Technology and Outreach’s Ecat Team will offer a training on the three pillars of online teaching and how to implement them in the Brightspace/D2L learning management system. At a basic level, online teaching and learning rests on these three pillars:
- Communicating with students from a distance
- Organizing content to facilitate learning from a distance
- Engaging and assessing students from a distance
We will show you how best practices within these pillars for teaching from a distance can be implemented with the tools and features found in the Brightspace/D2L LMS.
- Center for Faculty Excellence