Early Career Faculty Success Program: Successfully Navigating Classroom Challenges
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Strand Union Building, Ballroom D/WebEx - view map
Early Career Faculty Success Learning Community: Successfully Navigating Challenges in the Classroom
October 15 || 9:00 - 11:00 AM || SUB Ballroom D
Register here If you would like to attend via Webex, please indicate that in the comments section and the link will be sent to you before the session.
In this session of the Early Career Faculty Success Learning Community, we will explore the challenges in the classroom and contextualize your teaching within other faculty commitments. The session includes pre-work – watching the webinar Overcoming academic perfectionism (free account with the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity required) – and a faculty panel session with department heads, non-tenure track and tenure-track faculty (see below). We will also have an overview of the MSU Strategic Goal 1.1 and how as the state’s land-grant university, Montana State invites participation in exceptional higher education, widens participation of under-represented student populations, and improves student success outcomes overall.
Panel – moderated by Ken Silvestri, Instructional Designer, CFE
- Deb Blanchard, Seminar Director, University Studies
- Bryce Hughes, Assistant Professor, Education
- Sally Moyce, Assistant Professor, Nursing
- Royce Smith, Dean, College of Arts & Architecture
Attending this workshop allows faculty to achieve these CFE faculty learning outcomes:
- Developing relationships to improve the practice of teaching, promote excellence, and encourage collaboration across disciplines
- Developing relationships to promote research and scholarly excellence, and encourage collaboration across disciplines
- Center for Faculty Excellence