Beyond Teaching in the Pandemic Part II
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Beyond Teaching in the Pandemic, Part II
Tuesday, November 10 ||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm || WebEx (Meeting link provided the day before the session)
Facilitated by Ken Silvestri, Center for Faculty Excellence Instructional Designer
During the Fall 2020 Teaching Symposium, the Center for Faculty Excellence showcased a group of faculty who were adapting their teaching and uses of technology to blended and online formats with an emphasis on effective practices that will persist beyond these pandemic circumstances.
We have identified some additional faculty to feature how they are using best practices in blended and online formats and using technology in engaging ways to deliver content and promote student interaction and collaboration.
- Sarah Johnson, Instructor, Department of Sociology & Anthropology will show how she organizes her course in ways that supports blended and online learning as well as communicates key course information to students.
- Jess Carroll, Assistant Director for the Writing Center, will discuss how Microsoft Teams is being used to support co-curricular tutor education.
- Sarah Pennington, Assistant Professor, Education, will share how she is using the video tool Flipgrid for more engaging interactions with students.
- Eric Sproles, Assistant Professor, Earth Sciences, will show how he uses recorded lectures to deliver content for blended and online courses.
Questions contact Ken Silvestri at [email protected] or 406-994-7835
- Center for Faculty Excellence