Hot Weather Advisory
Possible record-breaking heat is expected next week, and University Services would like to remind faculty and staff that the predicted temperatures of 95-plus degrees are higher than many campus cooling systems were designed to handle. Buildings may be warmer than normal. Please help protect our campus by:
- Minimizing sources of building heat by turning off unneeded equipment and lights.
- For air-conditioned buildings, leaving operable windows closed to prevent additional strain on the cooling systems.
- For buildings without air conditioning, opening windows during the cool morning hours and closing them during the hotter part of the day.
- Considering contingency plans for critical equipment and research in case of elevated building temperatures.
- Above all else, taking care of yourself by minimizing exposure to direct sunlight and heat and staying hydrated.