Montana Science Summer Institute
- Monday, August 9, 2021 to Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Science Math Resource Center and School Services of Montana are hosting the annual science professional learning event designed for Montana K-12 teachers. This three-day virtual conference provides high-quality professional learning focused on the advancement of science, STEM, and technology integration in Montana and surrounding states.
Two Keynote Presentations:
- Jason Baldes, Ecologist and MSU alumnus - “Finding Your Buffalo: Culture, Change, and Curriculum”
- Kyle Calderwood, Technology Coordinator - “Failure IS an Option”
Two Panel Discussions: Multiple perspectives and ideas for connecting teaching and learning to real world applications in STEM fields -
- “Research in Action” Panel featuring MSU scientists and engineers
- “Computer Science Integration” Panel
Breakout Sessions: Over 20 breakout sessions. Participants can select the breakout sessions that best fit their needs.
- Resources Round-up: Sponsors will share their area of expertise, resources, and ideas to enhance STEM teaching and learning.
- “Lunch & Learn” Roundtable Discussions: 30-minute participant-led discussions to share ideas, resources, strategies, and network with educators from around the region.
Teachers can earn up to 16 OPI renewal units. Visit the interactive event website to navigate the schedule and options, session information, and connect with attendees.
- Science Math Resource Center
(406) 539 - 3733