Formative Assessment: Checking Your Student’s Understanding and Gathering Feedback as You Go
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Strand Union Building, SUB 233 - view map
Thursday, September 23rd || 12:00pm (noon) to 1:30 pm || SUB 233 and via WebEx|| Lunch will be provided for those attending in-person
Register here and add a note if you would like to attend via WebEx so that we can send you the link
Using formative assessment techniques in your teaching can be an effective way to check your student’s understanding and gather feedback on what is working and not working in your courses before students complete high-stakes exams and assignments.
In this workshop, we will explore what formative assessment is, how it can benefit your student’s learning and success, and review and model some formative assessment techniques and technologies to try out in your courses.
If you have any questions, please contact Ken Silvestri at 406-994-7835 or [email protected]
Attending this workshop allows you to complete the following CFE Faculty Learning Outcomes
- Using active learning pedagogies to support and advance higher-level (deeper) and more engaged learning
- Collecting and incorporating feedback from a variety of sources such as formative and summative assessments to inform and improve teaching
- Center for Faculty Excellence