CRRE Faculty Affiliates and CRRE Graduate Student Affiliates
Qualifications / Criteria for Appointment as a CRRE Affiliate
- Commitment to the mission of the CRRE through participation in collaborative, inter-disciplinary, and place-conscious research or service strengthening rural education and leadership locally, nationally, or internationally.
- Emerging academic and/or professional expertise in the field of rural education.
- Emerging contributions to local, national, or international rural education through avenues such as research publications/ presentations/projects, provision of professional learning to rural educators, administration of rural education programs, contributing to the public awareness of rural education, leadership of professional organizations, or editorial responsibilities.
Application for Appointment
- A current CV.
- A letter of application that articulates 1) how the applicant meets the CRRE Affiliate qualifications and 2) how the applicant’s intended contribution will advance the scholarly work and service mission of the CRRE and MSU’s strategic goals.
- A sample of rural research publications/presentations/projects, or documentation of providing professional learning to rural educators, administration of programs, contribution to public awareness, leadership, or editorial responsibilities.
Applications for appointment as a CRRE Faculty Affiliate or Graduate Student Affiliate can be submitted via email to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed by current CRRE Faculty Fellows and decisions to appoint or decline will be decided by vote of the majority. Affiliate appointments may be short-term depending on the nature of the related work.