MSU Campus Sustainability Advisory Council
Project Funding Assistance: Major Projects 2020-2021
Statement of Purpose
CSAC promotes the concept and practice of sustainability for MSU, including the community and MSU’s satellite institutions. The major projects grant program will fund projects that are in alignment with and/or advance each year's theme.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
- Project must have a faculty, staff or department advisor;
- Projects must relate to this year's theme of "campus sustainability, equity & social justice”
- A total of $7,500 will be allocated in a given fiscal year towards major projects. Funding requests may be made for up to this amount. In conjunction with the Office of Sustainability, CSAC will determine the award amount and may award multiple projects funding based on submitted proposals;
- Project implementation can extend beyond the funding deadline, but all funds awarded must be spent within the fiscal year during which they were awarded. Projects continuing past the end of the fiscal year must reapply for funding in the new fiscal year. Funds will not roll-over across fiscal years.
- Matching funds are desirable, but not required.
Project Funding Application Elements
- Project title, requestor and advising organization/person
- Project description (2 paragraphs)
- Budget summary
- Additional supporting departments and/or funding (if applicable)
- Total project funding
- Implementation plan
- Measures of success
- Explanation of how project will advance this year's theme of "campus sustainability, equity & social justice”
Project conclusion: Brief written report and Webex presentation to CSAC due within 3 months of project completion including results, recommendations, and conclusions. Failure to report on project within the time frame will prohibit the requestor from applying for future funding through CSAC.
Financing/Billing: Project expenses must be submitted to the Office of Sustainability as they are incurred.
All financial assistance for Sustainability Project Funding are subject to MUS rules governing appropriate use of State General Operating Funds. No cash prizes or salaries allowed.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses of Campus Sustainability Funds
The Funding Board may fund:
- Seed monies for fundraising activities for registered campus organizations.
- Travel (domestic only, excluding Canada) to conferences and competitions related to the registered student organization purposes.
- Registration fees for activities, events or conferences.
- Educational programs.
- Support for organizational operations such as publicity, office supplies, and activities of the registered student organization.
- Movies/films to be shown publicly or to advance the purpose of the registered student organization.
- Other activities consistent with the mission of the Campus Sustainability Advisory Committee
The Campus Sustainability Advisory Council will NOT fund:
- Purchase of alcohol or tobacco. NOTE: This excludes any minimum fees for alcohol service with approved university alcohol vendor.
- Philanthropic donations, charitable contributions or gifts of any type.
- State and Federal Income taxes.
- Any organization that does not have open enrollment and does not comply with the anti-discrimination section of the RSO Policies.
- Any item or activity deemed excessive, not justified, and/or in conflict with the mission of the registered student organization.
- Social functions that are not related to a program or educational event.
- Payment to members of the organization for any purpose.
- Funding Board will not accept funding application requests for programs/events/activities that have already occurred. No retroactive funding.
- Items already purchased before funding is approved.
- Bank account fees (initial deposits, overdraft, monthly fees, etc.).