Saturday, March 4, 2023
Forestry Mini-College is a one-day educational workshop held on The University of Montana Campus in Missoula, Montana. Anyone interested in forestry is welcome.
Professionals from a variety of natural resources based agencies and industries as well as researchers from Montana State University and The University of Montana, present a variety of sessions for participants to choose topics of greatest interest.
- The event will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2023 on the University of Montana Campus (Forestry and Stone Hall Buildings) Campus Map
- Registration deadline: Sunday, February 26th (after deadline please call 406-243-2773)
Check-in at the day of the event starts at 8:30 am in the lower level of the Forestry building.
- Classes begin at 9:30 am and continue through 4:00 pm with a one hour lunch break
- Morning Session Times: 9:30 am - 10:30 am and 10:50 am - 11:50 am
- Afternoon Session Time: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm and 2:50 am - 3:50 pm
- The registration fee is $35 per person, which covers a catered lunch, refreshments between classes and any handout materials from the classes.
- Each attendee can register for a maximum of 4 classes offered, at 60 minutes each.
- Upon receipt of a completed registration form and payment, MSU Extension Forestry will email (or regular mail) all registrants a personalized class schedule about a week prior to the workshop. Also included in the mailing will be a map with directions to the Forestry building. All other communication about the workshop will be through email, so make sure to check your spam folder. If you have registered but do not receive anything please call 406-243-2773.
- Free Parking is available in any lot on campus on Saturday. If you pay for parking you will not be reimbursed.
- Attendance is worth up to 6 CFE credits for members of the Society of American Foresters and 4 ALP/PLH credits for professional loggers.
- If you have any questions please contact Christina Oppegard, MSU Extension Forestry office 406-243-2773.
2023 Mini College
2022 Mini College Handouts
2021 Mini College Recorded Sessions and Handouts
- Bed Bugs, a Montana Epidemic?
- Managing Weeds after Fire Handout
- Planting Trees, Small, and Large. Tips to be Successful - Presented by: Peter Kolb
- Montana Forest Insect and Disease Overview - Presented by: Amy Gannon
- Controlling Pocket Gophers - Presented by: Stephen M. Vantassell
- Managing Weeds after Fire - Presented by: Jane Mangold
- Thinning Guidelines bases on species and site productivity - Presented by: Dr. Mark Kimsey
- Bed Bugs - A Montana Epidemic? - Presented by: Laurie Kerzicnik
- Estate Planning: Protecting you Legacy - Presented by: Joel Schumacher
Location of the event on The University of Montana campus
W.A Franke College of Forestry & Conservation
Missoula, MT 59812-0606
View the location of MSU Extension Forestry in a larger map