Montana Project Learning Tree (PLT)
"This is one of the best trainings we've taken in a long time....
Great curiculum...The activity guide is great, I will put it to good use."
- Workshop Schedules and Registrations
- MT PLT workshops provide MT OPI units as well as MT Early Childhood Project credits.
- To request a workshop for your school or group email or call Cindy Peterson, MT PLT Coordinator
- Family pages Activities you can do with your kids
- Online Training
- PLT preK-8 activity #67 How big is your tree? video
Project Learning Tree is an initative of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative Inc.
- Walk in the Forest
- Share and print out this manual of ideas and make notes as you plan your walk in the forest!
Proven and Award-Winning! Project Learning Tree (PLT) is an award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents, and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade 12.
PLT Introductary Videos and Curriculum Offerings
- Teaching with PLT is Fun and Hands-On
- PLT Uses Forests to Teach All Kinds of Subjects
- Curriculum Offerings
- PLT GreenSchools Engage your students in greening their school. We offer training for adults, tips on starting a student-driven GreenSchools program, how to obtain equipment and collect data, and ways to empower your students to design and learn an action project that uses the STEM skills.
- PLT GreenWorks Grants up to $1,000 to schools and youth organizations for environmental service-learning projects that link classroom learning to the real world. Students implement an action project they help design to green their school or to improve an aspect of their neighborhood's environment.
- Donors Choice Support a classroom, build a future. Teachers all over the U.S. need your help to bring their classroom dreams to life. Choose a project that inspires you and give any amount.
Montana PLT Newsletters
PreK-8 Guide Resources by Activity (includes student pages PDF's)
- K-8 Explore Your Environment activity guide - Resources by Activity
- PDF booklets to use with activities
- Early Childhood-Shape of Things - Booklet
- 143-Poet Tree - Booklet
- Tree Identification MT Adult Guide MT.pdf
- Tree Identification MT Kids Plant Guide & Activity
- Plant Identification - leaf shapes (in the works)
Sponsorship: Montana State University Extension, Montana DNRC, and the U.S. Forest Service, Northern Region are working in partnership to support the work of Montana Project Learning Tree to develop and deliver high quality natural resource education programs about forests and related resources to educators and students.