Montana Natural Resources Youth Camp
How the Sponsorship Works
All sponsorships regardless if offered through the camp. Each campers mush indicate on their application what sponsorship they are applying for and need to meet all requirements in order to be accepted for the sponsorship. In order to receive the sponsorship the child must turn in a complete an application, letter of recommendation, with a $150.00 deposit. Once accepted and complete the full 6 days of camp, the deposit or any amount owed to the camper will be refunded either check-in on the first day of camp or within 5 working days after the last day of camp.
Available Camp Sponsorships
These camp sponsorship are offered directly through camp
The Washington Foundation
- Two half ($150)
- Two full ($300)
Travel Assistance Stipend
Travel Assistance Grants (up to $200) are available either by emailing the camp director or noting on the application. The travel stipend pays for a minimum of 100 miles one-way, $1 per 10 miles traveled can be requested, up to a maximum of $200.
If you have questions please contact camp director, Christina Oppegard at [email protected] or at 406-243-2773.
Community Camp Sponsorship Opportunities
Organizations will send the fee directly to the camp either before or after camp.
List will be available spring 2024
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
For those who want to seek out their own sponsorship opportunities to attend camp. Below are some organization you might consider contacting. Most organizations will either half or the full camp fee.
Keep in mind that most organizations require you to send in your application for sponsorship several months before camp to allow for processing, so don't delay!
- The Montana Tree Farm System
- The Montana Society of American Foresters
- Montana Gear Up Program
- The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Montana Association of State Grazing Districts
- The Montana Stock Growers Association
- Blackfoot Challenge
- Clearwater Resource Council
- Blackfoot Home and Community Club
- Local wood products industry (sawmills, post and pole producers, lumber yards)
- USDA Forest Service employee organizations (check with your local National Forest District)
- Local businesses such as hardware stores, implement dealers, car dealerships
- High School Science Clubs
Want to Support our Camper Sponsorship Fund?
All donation to this fund will go directly to camp sponsorships.