Montana Natural Resources Youth Camp
The camp does not provide travel to and from Lubrecht Forest unless prior arrangement have been made with the camp director, otherwise it is your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements. If travel to Lubrecht is an issue the camp director can provide a list (upon request) of people willing to car pool.
The Montana Natural Resources Youth Camp is hosted at Lubrecht Experimental Forest, about 30 miles east of Missoula along US Highway 200.
Travel from Missoula
- Proceed east on I-90 for approximately five miles and take Exit 109, the Bonner/Great Falls/Highway 200 Exit.
- Proceed east on Montana Highway 200 through Miltown and Bonner, Potomac at mile marker 16. Continue past mile marker 22 and the Garnet Range Road.
- Continue PAST the Garnet Range Road entrance for about 0.2 miles and look for the entrance sign to the Lubrecht Forest headquarters and Conference Center on the east (right) side of the highway.
- A few hundred feet beyond the timbered arch entry way, the road forks at log cabin.
- Turn right to reach the cabins, dining hall, pavilion, and cross-country ski trailhead.
- Check in is at the Rec. Hall next to the Mess Hall (cook house)
The closest airport is Missoula International Airport (MSO).
If you are arriving to Missoula by plane or bus please contact the camp director three weeks prior to camp to make travel arrangements to and from Lubrecht Experimental Forest. Remember it's your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements.