Pesticide Education Events
Obtain a Montana Private Applicator License
Initial Private Applicator Trainings
Initial Private Applicator Trainings are for new applicators who wish to obtain a Montana private applicator license. This all-day event covers pesticide basics and is followed by an ungraded exam. View more details on obtaining a pesticide license.
Upcoming 2023 Dates
Upcoming 2024 Dates
- February 15 - Sidney, Richland County
- March 21 - Lewistown, Fergus County
- March 22 - Billings, Yellowstone County
- March 23 - Hardin, Big Horn County
- April 6 - Stanford, Judith Basin County
- April 14 - Havre, Hill County
- April 27 - Big Timber, Sweetgrass County
- May 15 - Great Falls, Cascade County
- November 29 - Browning, Glacier County
- November 30 - Shelby, Toole County
Recertify your Montana Private Applicator License
Pesticide Education Webinar Series
The Pesticide Education Webinar Series is for pesticide applicators across the state. Each webinar is one hour long and provides one private applicator credit. View webinar details.
Pest Management Tour
The Pest Management Tour is held annually the first week of October in the recertifying district. This event is a last chance opportunity to obtain credits for recertification. View PMT details.
This event is an educational event for pesticide educators and applicators across the state. Topics include changes to the PAT program, advanced pesticides topics, new research and technology, and current pesticide related news and events. View PEP Update details.
Statewide Recertification Programs
Search the statewide database for recertification programs offering pesticide education credits. View search instructions.
Pesticide Educator Trainings
This training focuses on the core concepts of private applicator pesticide use while delivering tools to train private pesticide applicators within your organization. Training tools may include videos, presentations, story problems, MontGuides and other experienced speakers. New MSU Extension agents with PAT responsibilities are encouraged to attend this training. Weed district representatives, MSU Extension Specialists, MDA staff or veteran MSU Extension Agents are also welcome to attend. View PAT Core Details.
- Obtaining a Montana Private Applicator License
- Recertifying your Montana Private Applicator License
- Contact your local PAT Coordinator