SotW 2020 Pep Band Policies
- In order to save time and get the band playing as quickly as possible, we expect all members to be in place, ready to play, 30 minutes prior to tip-off. We will begin with some tune-up exercises, but quickly get into our set list.
- We have two set lists: The "Gold" list consists of tunes that may be called at any time. While these tunes are located in the books, the band is highly encouraged to memorize the Gold list for the sake of quick transitions. The "Blue" list consists of tunes that are not expected to memorized. Band members can follow the list and anticipate the next tune.
- Rehearsals occur on Monday or Wednesday evenings. These times are reserved for learning new tunes and adding visuals to our existing music. Rehearsals are mandatory. We will also play through 1-2 pieces at the end of the games to practice new tunes. The dates after spring break are intended to introduce music for next fall and complete drum major auditions. These rehearsals are mandatory as well.
- Here is the Spring 2020 Pep Band Schedule
- Don’t forget to register for MSU Pep Band [MUSI 348 Section 002]
- When in the stands…
- always stand up (if you are not feeling well, inform the staff)
- join cheers and participate in band visuals
- play to the best of your ability with a quality sound
- no homework/books/obvious non-BB game related activities
- keep comments classy
- non-band visitors must remain outside of the confines of the band
- Dress Code…
- for SotW T-Shirts = T-shirt, long khaki (tan) pants
- for Pep Band Polos = Polo, long blue jeans (no ripped pants)
- all Blue and Gold MSU hats are acceptable but not mandatory
- Attendance is expected…
- if you are in weekDAY band then you will come to rehearsal AND all Weekday games
- if you are in weekEND band then you will come to rehearsal on AND all Saturday games
- All members are encouraged to play on Saturday, February 2nd for Cat/Griz—clear your schedule!
- if you are in EITHER weekDAY or weekEND band, you are allowed ONE absence per season. (an absence is missing a game OR a rehearsal)
- if you are in BOTH weekDAY and weekEND band, you are allowed TWO absences per season. (an absence is missing a game OR a rehearsal)
- Late arrivals count as ½ of an absence and will be rounded down when calculating attendance.
- You have until Monday, January 13th to check your schedule for conflicts. Given sufficient notice, you will be allowed to make-up missed games/rehearsals by attending additional or supplementary musical events. Otherwise no additional absences will be allowed (except for extreme circumstances).
- The director, band staff, and drum majors may deny any band member from performing for not adhering to these policies. Nothing that distracts from the uniformity of the band or may compromise the sound, style, or morale of the band will be allowed.
All other policies regarding participation, student leadership, decorum, and band equipment may be viewed on the SotW website: http://www.montana.edu/music/sotw/membersonly/