- All citations must be paid or appealed within 10 days of the issue date. Failure to pay on time will result in an accumulation of late fees, student account holds, payroll deductions, or transfer to a collections agency.
- Parking citations may be paid through the Parking Services website or in person by visiting Parking Services.
- Some citations may be appealed. Please see the “Appeals” section below.
- Individual fines resulting from parking infractions may range up to $275.
Tows and Boots
Parking Services reserves the right to tow or boot any vehicle found in violation of parking regulations, constituting a hazard, or interfering with university operations. Infractions potentially resulting in a tow or boot include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicles illegally parked in ADA designated parking zones.
- Vehicles parked in 24-hour reserved spaces without a corresponding permit.
- Vehicles with three or more unpaid parking citations.
- Vehicles driven by individuals with revoked parking privileges.
Citations must be paid in your MSU Parking Portal by searching the citation number or in the Citation section. If your citation is not visible on your account or you are unable to pay it online, please contact Parking Services during business hours.
Please see the table below for violations and fees.
|Violation of bike regulations||$20|
|Failure to display valid permit||$35|
|Failure to update license plate||$35|
|Fire lane - tow away zone||$65|
|Not in designated area||$35|
|Over line -- 2 stalls||$35|
|Permit in use||$65|
|See officer comment||$35|
|Student health only||$35|
|Wrong side parked||$35|
|Parking privileges revoked||$65|