Safe Cats is available for free in the Apple App Store or Android Market. The app features nine services which can be accessed with a click:
- An emergency button to dial 911.
- Friend Walk, which allows users to send their location in real-time to a friend who can watch and make sure they arrive at their desired location safely.
- Silent Witness, where users can report anonymously to University Police either by calling or writing a message.
- Safety Toolbox, which includes features like sharing a user’s location, accessing the flashlight mode on a phone and sending out an “I’m OK” message to loved ones in case of an emergency.
- Campus maps, where users can access their location on interactive maps of MSU.
- Emergency Actions, where users can review plans for incidents such as active shooters, chemical spills, medical emergencies and extreme weather.
- Support Resources, where users can access some of the most common support tools such as the Academic Advising Center, medical services, mental health counseling, the VOICE Center, MSU Parking Services and the Office of Institutional Equity.
- Suicide Crisis, where users can either call or text the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Safety Escort, which lets users call MSU Police to request a ride to wherever they need to go.