Course Scheduling Toolkit
Academic departments review the Schedule of Classes each semester and submit course changes to the Office of the Registrar. Below are step by step instructions on the process. These resources can be used as introductory documents to get started with course scheduling or as a refresher for those familiar with the course scheduling process.
Please reach out to the Office of the Registrar at 406-994-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request an in person course scheduling training.
- Provides a brief description of the documents listed below.
- Includes a visual representation of the course scheduling process.
- Provides a detailed list of the course scheduling protocol.
- Includes written instructions and screenshots of the preferred method of exporting courses from the Schedule of Classes into an Excel spreadsheet. Details are provided on making edits in Excel and submitting changes to the Registrar's Office.
- Form used to make significant changes to a course after advising has begun for a term. All three signatures at the bottom of the form must be collected before the form is submitted to the Registrar's Office. Please note capacity, instructor, and room changes can be requested at any time without the form.
- Includes documentation on how to request a Special Topics Course.
- Written Instructions and screenshots of how to search for available rooms in Ad Astra with or without a login. This can be helpful to see which rooms are available on desired days and times.
- Includes a list of standard meeting patterns for courses. All courses should follow standard meeting patterns unless otherwise approved.
- Provides a chart of military time. Courses are displayed in the Schedule of Classes using military time.