Common Registration Errors and Helpful Links
Registration Add Errors
If the system indicates that you have a Hold on your account that prevents registration, log into MyInfo and click on "Student Services," "Student Records," and "View Holds." You must resolve the Hold in order to register for classes.
This error indicates that you have not successfully completed the necessary courses required to advance to the next level. If you completed the prerequisite at a different institution, you may bring a copy of your transcript to the department and request that they sign an Add/Drop form to be brought to the Registrar's Office for manual entry into the course. Test scores may also satisfy prerequisites. Courses taken in high school do not satisfy prerequisites.
This error indicates that two or more of your classes overlap in time. You will either need to adjust your schedule so that there is a gap of more than 5 minutes between each class, or bring a signed Add/Drop form to the Registrar's Office for manual entry into the course.
- My Passwords- View your accounts, change your passwords
- NetID Help- Claim or recover your NetID
- Schedule of Classes - View a complete list of available courses
- National Student Clearinghouse- Order a copy of your official transcripts
- Semester Withdrawal Refund Schedules
- Standard Meeting Pattern Breakdown
- Common Hour Exam and Final Exam Schedules
- Academic Advising Center