Medical Benefits for MSU Retirees
Options for Retiree Health Insurance 2020
2020-2021 Montana University System Retiree Benefit Plan Information
- The annual enrollment dates for MUS retirees to make benefit changes will be from April 22-May 15, 2020
- The MUS Benefits office will be providing a retiree benefits presentation for viewing live online on Friday, April 17th at 2:00 pm via WebEx, which can be accessed from the MUS Choices website Home page at www.choices.mus.edu. The recorded WebEx benefits presentation and the slide presentation will be available on the MUS Choices website for viewing on April 22nd at your convenience.
- The MUS Retiree Choices benefit books and enrollment forms will be mailed to retirees during the week of April 13th. Retiree Choices benefit books will also be available online on the MUS Choices website home page at www.choices.mus.edu the week of April 13th. Retiree Choices enrollment forms will no longer be online but are available from the campus Human Resources/Benefits office upon request.
- In an effort to reduce administrative costs and monthly premium rates for enrollees,
the MUS will be moving to one Medical Plan option as of July 1, 2020. All Medical Plan enrollees will be automatically enrolled in the current Medical
Plan coverage level with the new Medical Plan third-party administrator, BlueCross
BlueShield of Montana (BCBSMT).
- To see if your provider is an In-Network BCBSMT provider, please check their website at www.bcbsmt.com/find-a-doctor-or-hospital
- Enrollees who were not enrolled on the BCBSMT Medical Plan prior to July 1, 2020 will receive new Medical Plan ID cards and will see a reduction in their monthly Medical Plan premium amount.
- As of July 1, 2020, your providers will need a copy of your new Medical Plan ID card to ensure that claims are submitted to the correct plan for processing after July 1st.
- Monthly premium rates will remain the same as last plan year for the Select Dental Plan and Vision Hardware Plan.
- MUS retirees will continue to make their benefit election changes by submitting a hardcopy enrollment form with their changes to their campus Human Resources/Benefits office. If you are making changes for the 2020-2021 Plan Year to your MUS Choices Retiree Benefit Plan you must submit your enrollment form to the campus Human Resources/Benefits office by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 15, 2020. If you are not making any changes to your benefits, you do not need to submit an enrollment form and you will automatically be enrolled in your current benefits (with the exception of the new Medical Plan administrator).
- The MUS direct bill retirees will continue to submit their monthly premium payments
directly to Businesssolver. Businesssolver offers online payments (accessed from the
MUS Choices Home page at www.choices.mus.edu, scheduled automated clearing house (ACH) transactions, or physical coupons.
- Direct bill monthly premium payments should not be sent to the campus Human Resources/Benefits office.
- New monthly premium direct bill coupons for July-December 2020 will be sent out to current direct bill retirees who have benefit changes.
- If a direct bill retiree does not have any benefit changes, no new monthly premium direct bill coupons will be generated.
- If you have any questions about retiree direct billing, please contact Businesssolver at 1-833-520-9689.
- MUS retirees who pay their monthly premium payments via the Montana Teachers' Retirement
System (TRS) or the Montana Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) will automatically
have their monthly premium payments adjusted if they have benefit changes.
- If you need to change your premium payments from a pension deduction to direct bill as of July 1, 2020, please contact your campus Human Resources/Benefits office to help you make this changes.
- If you choose to disenroll from the MUS Choices Retiree Benefit Plan effective July 1, 2020, you must notify your MSU campus Human Resources/Benefits offie no later than Friday, May 15, 2020. If you disenroll from the Plan you will not be able to return to the Plan in the future.
Mary Lachenbruch, Director, Benefits Department, Office of the Commissioner of Higher
This information came from a letter from her office dated April 3, 2020 to current Retiree Members.
Details of medical benefits available for MSU retirees are provided at the Montana University System Choices.
Montana University System Wellness Programs
Retirees utilizing the MUS medical benefit programs have access to the University System wellness programs. See the MUS Wellness web page for details.
Social Security Administration