Adobe Creative Cloud for Students
UIT is excited to announce that the upgraded Creative Cloud Pro Edition is available
for all MSU students. In addition to the standard suite of apps*, Pro Edition provides
access to unlimited Adobe Stock downloads.
Over 200 million standard images, vectors and illustrations to use in your Creative
*Adobe CC includes the new Adobe Substance 3D collection, an ecosystem of state-of-the-art 3D tools, including Substance 3D Painter, Designer, Sampler (previously Alchemist), and a new app, Stager.
Note: Substance 3D for higher education doesn’t include access to 3D assets at this time. There are over 1,000 3D free assets available within Stock. These 3D assets might not be optimized for Substance but are compatible.
Adobe Stock Notice: Free Stock images will show a blue oval titled "License" and under License Type it will show "Education License". If you are not seeing this or seeing "Buy" or "Credit" you may need to log out and log back in to Stock. If you logout on the Stock website, when you sign back in make sure to chose "Company or School Account".
Adobe Creative Cloud Software
- After Effects
- Animate Audition
- Acrobat Pro
- Premiere Pro
See FAQ for answers to questions about your Adobe Creative Cloud account, assets, stock images, etc.
Download Creative Cloud
NOTE on Installation: While it is possible to run older Adobe CS software side-by-side with Adobe CC software, we do recommend uninstalling it to avoid confusion.
- Go to Adobe.com.
- Click Sign In in the upper right hand corner of screen.
- Enter your MSU email address in the email address field then hit the Tab key.
- Enter your NetID and NetID Password when presented with the MSU Single Sign On process
- Click under the Creative Cloud Apps heading.
- Scroll down to Creative Cloud app and click Download.
You need to do this BEFORE downloading other apps.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install.
Once you have installed the Creative Cloud App you will use it to access, install/update other Adobe CC software to your desktop.
1. Open the Creative Cloud application on your computer by either clicking the CC swirly cloud icon located in the menu bar on the top right of screen (Mac) on the desktop tray (Windows) or open it from your Applications/Programs folder.
2. Sign in using your MSU email address in the email address
3. Click the Apps tab.
4. Scroll through the listed apps and choose those you'd like to install or update. Download and follow onscreen instructions when prompted.
To avoid confusion we recommend uninstalling Adobe CS software before installing Adobe CC although they can run side-by-side.
To uninstall Adobe CS please follow these directions:
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer.
2. Click Add or Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
3. Scroll to Adobe software on your computer (will include CS6, CS5, etc. in name of program)
4. Click the software you want to uninstall.
5. Click the Uninstall button that appears near top of the list of programs.
For more information visit Uninstall or Change programs in Windows.
1. Go to the Finder.
2. Navigate to Applications folder.
3. Select the app you want to uninstall.
4. Drag application icon to the Trash or right-click on select "Move to Trash".
5. Right-click on the Trash can and select "Empty Trash".
Creative Cloud Asset Migration Tool
You can now take all the artifacts that you invested your efforts in creating with you.
Use Adobe's Student Asset Migration portal to automatically transfer most of your creative assets associated to the assigned school account to your personal account that you create.
The tool enables Students to migrate their assets from MSU-assigned accounts to new Creative Cloud free membership accounts.
Here’s what it takes for students to participate:
- You must still have access to your school-assigned accounts.
- You will need to sign up for a new personal account where your assets are migrated
All the information you need is available at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/migrate-student-assets.html
Start the process by clicking on this link: https://graduation.adobe.com/
NOTE on logging into Linkedin Learning
After clicking one of the LinkedIn Learning tutorial links above follow these instructions: