The AI/AN CTRP has the goal of developing the capacity of several Montana and Alaska institutions to address health disparities that Native communities in these states face. The program seeks to:
- Strengthen Montana’s and Alaska’s clinical and translational research infrastructure through continued development of shared facilities, intellectual resources, research collaborations, focused working groups, and training opportunities;
- Increase the numbers of mentors while developing the careers of clinical investigators in Native health disparities research in Montana and Alaska; and
- Expand and support sustainable and culturally responsible community-engaged research that will mitigate health disparities in Montana’s and Alaska’s Native communities.
Applications to support projects will be awarded in several categories. For all project categories, we encourage, but do not require:
- Collaborations between Montana and Alaska investigators or communities
- Interdisciplinary teams
- Projects led by American Indian or Alaska Native investigators