To create, communicate and implement logical and easily understood fiscal processes that lead to fair budgetary guidance or resource allocations that directly support University strategic goals and priorities.
Areas of Responsibility
- Consideration of entire University budget (including Agencies).
- The provision of advice and recommendations to the President, regarding broad budget issues, at the level of major functions of University operations (A&F, Academic Affairs, Student Success, Auxiliaries, Agencies, etc.)
- Facilitate communication with the University community and provide regular reports through a variety of mechanisms.
- Develop and communicate fiscal “best practices” to increase accountability.
- Consider the potential impacts of budget decisions on units, employees and students.
- Maintain an alignment between budget recommendations and the strategic plan – and continually assess the outcomes of budget plans.
- VP for Administration & Finance, Chair
- VP for Student Success or designee
- *Department Head
- Faculty Senate Representative [Designated by Senate]
- Staff Senate Representative [Designated by Senate]
- Professional Council Representative [Designated by Council]
- ASMSU President or designee
- Graduate Student Representative [Designated by ASMSU]
- Community Member [President's Advisory Council]
- Research Representative [Designated by VP Research]
- *Outreach Representative
- Planning Council Representative [Non-Voting]
*These positions will be elected.