Traveling to Bozeman
Please note Bozeman is located in Mountain Time
Montana State university is located in Bozeman, MT. All CUWIP events will be held on Campus, a bus will take praticipants to and from the hotel. On campus students will be led by the CUWIP organizers.
Lodging is provided during APS CUWIP, lodging for nights the conference is not being held is not covered.
Students should speak with there home institution before registration to see if they are willing to fund the travel expenses. You should think about how you will get to Bozeman (Flying or driving). If there are other students from your university coming to the conference consider traveling in a group.
It is not a requirement to book your travel before registration, but please have an estimate of how much it is going to cost. If you are traveling by plane and your travel cost will not be covered by your department, your airfare can be covered if you get prior approval from conference organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Note: Please understand that the conference organizers expect that airline tickets are purchased no later than a month before the meeting. If a student delays the approval process or waits to purchase a flight after approval has been given resulting in a higher expense, she/he may be denied full reimbursement of the airfare. Frequent flyer miles cannot be used in lieu of a ticket wherein the traveler expects to receive reimbursement for a comparably priced ticket although she/he used miles.
- Traveler that have been pre-approved to be reimbursed by Montana State University must keep all of there receipts and submit them at time of arrival. If you have specific questions regarding this please contact us!
- All travelers seeking reimbursement from MSU must fill out a W-9.
- Depending on your circumstances, it may be necessary for the host institution to withhold tax from your travel reimbursement. If you are considered a nonresident alien for tax purposes, IRS Form W-8BEN must be submitted with your travel reimbursement request.
- Only travel expenses will be reimbursed, meal/snack expenses will not be.
- Personal Car Mileage will be reimbursed at the MSU based on current mileage rate($0.575)
Getting to Bozeman
Arriving by Car
Coming from the west
- From I-90 take exit 306 (7th Ave), follow for seven miles until you reach your destination
Coming from the east
- From 1-90 take exit 313, take Bozeman trail RD which turns into Kagy blvd, turn righ onto S 11th Ave. You have reached your destination.
Arriving by Plane
- To get to Bozeman you fly into Bozeman International Airport.
- Airlines that fly into Bozeman