Forms for Graduate Students
Graduate School Forms
Below is a list of forms that are requested by the Graduate School during different points in a student's graduate program.
- Application for Advanced Degree
- This form is used to apply for graduation from MSU.
- Application for Change in Graduate Status (enroute)
- This form is used when a student changes their degree program within the same department.
- Program of Study & Committee Form
- This form is used to set in place the student's committee members and program of study for master's or doctoral students.
- Program of Study - Certificate Seeking Students
- Program of Study Change Form
- This form is used when a student wishes to make a change to their program of study.
- Committee Revision Form
- This form is used when a student wishes to make a change to their committee.
Comprehensive Exam/Thesis Defense Forms
Below is a list of forms that are required by the Graduate School and to be submitted by the student's committee upon completion of the comprehensive exam and/or thesis defense.
- Report on Comprehensive Exam/Thesis Defense, Master's and Doctoral
- This form is completed by the student's Committee Chair.
- Certificate of Approval Form - Thesis Defense Only
- This form is used to catalog a student's Electronic Thesis Defense with the MSU library. Original signatures are required.
Student Travel Request Form
Below is a list of forms that are required for registration into certain courses within the Department of Education. Please print the form, fill it out completely with your signature, obtain your advisor's signature, and return to the Department of Education Graduate Program Office.
- EDCI/EDLD 590
- Please use this form to request registration in a Masters thesis course.
- EDCI/EDLD 592
- Please use this form to request registration in an Independent Study course.
- EDCI/EDLD 598
- Please use this form to request registration in an Internship course.
- EDCI/EDLD 690
- Please use this form to request registration in a Doctoral thesis course.