Accepting Your Financial Aid Award
If you have been selected for verification your award letter is an estimate and you will not be able to accept your aid until you turn in the required documentation. Please visit our Verification information page for instructions.
Once MSU has received your FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid Services will send you an email notifying you of your financial aid award. Accept or decline your financial aid as follows:
2. User ID is your MSU ID number with a dash (-12345678) or SSN (with no dashes). You may also use your MSU Net Id and Password.
3. PIN: If logging in for the first time, use your six digit birth date formatted like 23apr1989.
4. Click on the Financial Aid tab.
5. Click on My Award Information.
6. Click on Accept Award Offer by Aid Year.
7. Select Aid Year and submit.
8. Click on Award Overview.
9. Review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
10. Accept or Decline your award offers. The amount that you accept will be split between fall and spring semesters. See the links to the right for more information about the aid offered to you.
*Please note the portions of your award that are limited in funding, may be cancelled if not accepted in a timely manner. Accepting your award does not commit you to attending Montana State University.