List owners can manage their lists by emailing commands to the list server (Sympa) or via the web interface. See Sympa's Web Interface:A Short Guide for Listowners for information and instructions on using Sympa's web interface.
Send commands to firstname.lastname@example.org in plain text format. Several commands can be sent in a single message but only one command can be entered on a line.
- Add subscriber to list: ADD listname email@example.com John Doe
- Add without notificationQUIET ADD listname firstname.lastname@example.org Doe, John
- Remove a subscriberDEL listname email@example.com J. Doe
- Remove without notification QUIET DEL listname firstname.lastname@example.org John Doe
- Review the subscriber listREVIEW listname
- Indicate the end of commandsQUIT
|ADD||Add a member to the list|
|DEL||Remove a member from list|
|QUIET||Enter quiet before add or del command to prevent a notification message from being sent to the person being added or deleted.|
|Add without notification
Remove without notification
|REVIEW||Use to get a review of list members|
|QUIT||Use as the final command so email signature will be ignored|
Please contact MSU List Help (email@example.com) for additional assistance.