Sympa Email Commands for List Owners
List owners can manage their lists by emailing commands to the list server (Sympa) or via the web interface. See Sympa's Web Interface:A Short Guide for Listowners for information and instructions on using Sympa's web interface.
Send commands to email@example.com in plain text format. Several commands can be sent in a single message but only one command can be entered on a line.
- Add subscriber to list: ADD listname firstname.lastname@example.org John Doe
- Add without notificationQUIET ADD listname email@example.com Doe, John
- Remove a subscriberDEL listname firstname.lastname@example.org J. Doe
- Remove without notification QUIET DEL listname email@example.com John Doe
- Review the subscriber listREVIEW listname
- Indicate the end of commandsQUIT
Email message with multiple commands
|ADD||Add a member to the list|
|DEL||Remove a member from list|
|QUIET||Enter quiet before add or del command to prevent a notification message from being sent to the person being added or deleted.|
|Add without notification
Remove without notification
|REVIEW||Use to get a review of list members|
|QUIT||Use as the final command so email signature will be ignored|
Please contact MSU List Help (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional assistance.