This page will be updated as frequently as possible with news, updates, needs and resources. Please contact Jenni West at MMEC with questions, concerns, requests for updates, etc.
If you are a Montana manufacturer and have the ability to assist with items of critical need, or if you are looking for resources for your company to sustain operations, please see information sections below. Thanks to additional funding in the CARES Act for the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership to assist manufacturers to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, MMEC will provide assistance to your company at no charge for services to assist in making critical items and/or to help keep your company afloat during this difficult time. Please contact us for more information.
**If you can produce critical items and/or components within the next two weeks, please answer this online survey through the Foundation for Manufacturing Excellence to have your information included in a national database being provided to the White House.
If you are a health provider, emergency responder, or other organization on the frontline of the fight against the spread of Coronavirus and are in need of manufactured products to safeguard your employees and/or the public, please contact us and we will help connect you with manufacturers in the state.
News and Updates
Montana's Critical Needs and Providers, and Manufacturing Specs
Click on the arrow to expand. Please note that MMEC is not recommending any specific product or material, and anyone providing these items should verify needs and requirements with the recipient prior to starting production.
Links for Manufacturers Who Can Help with Critical Items:
- MMEC Google Sheet of Montana Manufacturers producing or willing to produce critical items
- FEMA Coronavirus How to Help website: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help
- Montana Disaster & Emergency Services: https://readyandsafe.mt.gov/
- Montana Governor's Coronavirus Task Force website: https://covid19.mt.gov/
CDC Infographic showing the difference between surgical masks and N95 respirators: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs/UnderstandDifferenceInfographic-508.pdf.
NOTE: Please contact your local hospital or clinic prior to producing masks to verify their needs.
- Three Forks Clinic
Contact Kelly Smith, Three Forks City Treasurer / Deputy City Clerk, 406-285-3431
- Billings Clinic (www.billingsclinic.com)
Accepting 3D printed partial masks (they have bands and filters)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 435-MASK (435-6275)
- Bozeman Health:
Bozeman Health Foundation is managing all offers and can be reached at 406-414-1085 or email email@example.com. There is also a Facebook Group, Medical Masks for Bozeman. For 3D printed masks, the hospital wants to see a prototype first to have their quality assurance team inspect them. Anyone interested in doing this needs to drop off the prototype to their collections site which is at the loading dock at the hospital. Tim is the point of contact.
- Western Mental Health, Bozeman
They will be doing intake of individuals with mental health issues to help alleviate the burden on Bozeman Deaconness related. Please contact Britney Welch: firstname.lastname@example.org, c: 406-640-0539. Items needed:
- Sanitizer, masks, sterilizing wipes
- Enclosed event tent, to triage patients safely in a large outdoor space. Covered and with areas where different stations could be set up
- Laptops with cameras to maximize the ability of healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive services via tele to connect to PCP, urgent care, other healthcare professionals
- Two TV stands to disseminate up to date information to individuals waiting on campus to check in for comprehensive services. Maximizes ability to provide mass education.
Contact Jennifer Stephens, Regional Director, Missoula SBDC, University of Montana, O: 406.243.4770, C: 406.493.4702, Online: http://sbdc.mt.gov/Missoula
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare
- H-E Parts - PLA or PETG filament for printed masks
Lane Gobbs, Direct 406.896.3502; email@example.com
- FDA guidance: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks
(N 95 filter regulations guiding document: FDA, under 21 CFR 878.4040, and CDC NIOSH under 42 CFR Part 84)
- Website with 3D printable design and production files: https://longliveyoursmile.com/3d-printable-mask-for-covid-19
- DIY washable face shields (aka surgical masks): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJcE-r7kcg&fbclid=IwAR3KDPn41MYTH1MoQWTMRKETyTqIn8kq2RWPfCQL0h9-V3HNrTlQxqSrGnw
- 3M Update:
- Info on filter material:
- Bozeman Health - finished Level 3 washable gowns
Distilleries and others around Montana are shifting production to make hand sanitizer and other cleaning products. If you can assist with packaging (e.g. plastic bottles) or other materials, please let us know.
- Packaging for hand sanitizer (small bottles)
- Please contact us if you are in need of hand sanitizer
- Ventilator parts
Link to an open source Google doc provided to us, with lots of information and specs
for various critical items:
Scroll down for a section on critical items of need in other parts of the country.
Resources for Montana Manufacturers
- Main Coronavirus page:
- Business Response Guidance:
- World Health Organization:
- Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force website: COVID19.mt.gov
- Montana Department of Health and Human Services: www.dphhs.mt.gov
- Montana Dept. of Labor and Industry COVID-19 Resource website for Employers and Employees: http://dli.mt.gov/employer-covid-19.
- MontanaWorks, the Montana Department of Labor & Industry’s portal to support businesses
and job seekers:
Directives and Guidance on Social Distancing Measures:
- State of Montana "Stay at Home" Directive:
- Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce at CISA.gov (scroll down
for details on each sector):
- Montana Executive Order Declaring A State Of Emergency
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Legislation, Funding and Taxes:
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) guidance on COVID-19 and the
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic (includes fact sheets and Q&A about employee and employer paid leave and new legislation)
- Fisher Phillips Legal Alert on Families First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA):
SBA Disaster Assistance: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
CONTACT (800) 659-2955
- SBA Montana: https://www.sba.gov/offices/district/mt/helena
IRS guidance on the new family leave (sick leave) act and associated tax credits and treatment:
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief website: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Information from Senator Daines on how you can apply for the Paycheck Protection Program
- US Chamber of Commerce's Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist, which takes a small business step-by-step through the process of preparing to file for a loan.
- EXIM Bank export assistance fact sheet:
- ExportMontana STEP grant assistance for exporting, including funding for international websites
Security and Telework:
- Montana Dept. of Labor and Industry Remote Workforce Toolkit: http://wsd.dli.mt.gov/employers/remote-workforce-toolkit
- The National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) has published information on Telework Security Basics.
Food Safety and Manufacturing:
- FDA Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):
- Food Northwest Social Distancing in Food Manufacturing Facilities
- NMPF Food Industry Recommended Protocols When Employee/Customer Tests Positive for COVID- 19
- NC State comprehensive facts YouTube video
- Free 12-minute online training course for food manufacturers: https://www.alchemysystems.com/content/covid19-training-course/
Other MEP National Network COVID-19 Resource sites:
- CIRAS (Iowa): https://www.ciras.iastate.edu/covid-19/
- Impact Washington: https://www.impactwashington.org/covid-19-resources-for-manufacturers.aspx
- IMEC (Illinois): https://www.imec.org/corona-virus-updates/
- WMEP Manufacturing Solutions (Wisconsin): https://www.wmep.org/covid-19-coronavirus-resources/
- ITAC (New York City): https://itac.nyc/coronavirus-covid-19-business-resources/
- NJMEP (New Jersey): https://www.njmep.org/covid-19-coronavirus-faqs-resources/
Local Cleaning/Sanitation Resources:
- Buffalo Restoration (https://www.buffalorestoration.com/)
- Newman Restoration (https://www.newmanclean.com/)
- Puritan Cleaning (https://puritancleaning.com/)
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) currently has an online survey for those who are able to produce component
parts for a number of critically-needed items. Respond to the survey here:
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): How to Help
On the website under private sector you will find:
New York City COVID-19 Emergency Supply Sourcing & Manufacturing
We’re seeking businesses with the ability to source and/or make products to support the City’s COVID-19 response work.
Outlier Automation is helping out the COVID-19 effort by producing and distributing hand sanitizer. We're supporting Sandymount Technologies of Woburn, MA, who is usually working in beer processing. I am reaching out to look for equipment and/or company contacts to ramp up production ASAP. We are looking to fill 4oz spouted, tamper evident pouches and bag-in-box style (like a wine bag) - see attachment. Specifically, do you know or produce the following?