OpenMSU is a comprehensive effort that will empower staff and faculty to optimize mission support success through long-term, sustainable changes based on thorough data collection and campus input.
The OpenMSU initiative has moved into Implementation! The Recommendation Sub-Committee has completed its work: analyzing information, evaluating proposals, vetting and submitting 10 recommended projects listed below. The projects are organized in the OpenMSU Roadmap illustrating the approximate order of implementation. The Program Management Office (PMO) has been charged with overseeing the planning, design, and implementation of the projects beginning immediately. Project status information will be maintained on the PMO site at www.montana.edu/pmo/portfolio.
- Electronic Document Management and Workflow: Digitizing and automating paper-based processes to reduce manual tasks and remove barriers to efficiency.
- Shared Services Model: Connecting distributed and centralized functions for better support, cross-training, oversight, and shared resources.
- Customer Service Culture: Building a culture of internal customer service including training and empowering staff.
- HR Recruitment: Analyzing and improving the recruitment and hiring process to reduce time-to-hire and process inefficiencies.
- Front End to Banner: Implementing a permanent, consistent solution to the accounting “shadow” systems (e.g. CatBooks).
- Service Provider Development: Developing and maintaining ongoing structured training for administrative service providers.
- HR Payroll Process: Streamlining the payroll process from hours worked to paychecks cut.
- HR EPAF Process: Streamlining the Electronic Personnel Action Form process.
- Banner Payment Authorization: Streamlining the process to pay vendors and other recipients.
- Purchasing Process: Streamlining the process and maximizing purchasing power to reduce costs.