Will my current courses be displayed on my transcript?
Courses in which you are currently registered, but have not yet received a grade in, will show on your transcript as “IN PROGRESS.”
I don’t remember my User ID or PIN for My Info, what should I do?
All students who have attended MSU after 1989 have access to My Info. If you do not remember your student ID number you may use your Social Security Number (entered with no dashes) as your User ID. If you do remember your student ID number make sure to enter it with the dash (-) first. If you have not logged in to My Info before your PIN will be your birth date in the format of DDmonYEAR (ex. 23apr1989). Then you will be able to create a new PIN. Pay close attention to the criteria for creating a new PIN.
If you have logged into My Info before, but can’t remember your PIN, just enter your User ID (leaving the PIN field blank) and click Forgot PIN. This will bring up a couple of security questions you set up in the past. Answering these questions correctly will allow you to create a new PIN. Pay close attention to the criteria for creating a new PIN.
If you are still having difficulty logging in please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-994-6650.
How do I access my unofficial transcript?
I will need a transcript at the end of the semester/after I graduate, can I order it now?
You may order a final transcript before the semester has ended online, by mail, or here in our office. If you will need a transcript now as well as after the end of the semester please fill out and pay for the transcript requests separately.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ordering Online
This information, and more, can be found on the National Student Clearinghouse transcript ordering help site.
How can I cancel my online transcript order?
If you would like to cancel your order and you have not returned your signed consent form, enter the transcript order number and your email address then click the arrow button. On the "Track Your Order" page, click the "cancel order" button next to your request. If you have already returned your consent form, contact your school's registrar office to request that the school cancel your order. The Clearinghouse CANNOT cancel your order.
Can I change my order?
Yes, but only under the following conditions:
You can change your order during the same session if you have not yet submitted it.
- You can cancel a submitted order if you have not returned your consent form.
Do not write changes to your transcript request on the consent form. This will not prompt any changes to your order.
How do I know if my transcript has been sent?
If you placed your transcript order online you can check the status through the National Student Clearinghouse.
How long will it take for my transcript to reach my recipient?
Delivery time is dependent on four factors:
- How quickly you return the signed consent form for your order to the National Student Clearinghouse. Your order cannot be processed until the National Student Clearinghouse receives your signed form. You will be provided with complete instructions during the ordering process.
- When the National Student Clearinghouse receives your consent form. Typically, your
order will be forwarded from the Clearinghouse to Montana State University for processing
within one hour after they receive your consent form, if they receive it during their
business hours (Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm, EST).
NOTE: The release of your order to Montana State University may be delayed during periods of high volume.
- How quickly we fulfill your transcript order. You can check the status of your order online by entering the transcript order number and your email address then clicking the arrow button. You automatically receive an email when we send your transcript(s).
- The type of delivery option you select (e.g., mail). We have several different delivery options. Please see the Ordering Online page for all of your processing options. Please note Montana State University cannot be responsible for US Postal Service or FedEx standard delivery times or delays.
My transcript hasn't been received yet, what should I do?
- Check the status of your order to make sure we sent it.
- Allow enough time based on the delivery option you selected.
- If your order status is "sent" and you have allowed enough time for delivery, contact the Office of the Registrar at 994-6650 or email@example.com. Do not contact the National Student Clearinghous
Delivery Options & Costs
|Standard Delivery||Processing Time (business days)||Cost|
|Standard Mail||4–6 days||$3.00|
|Hold for Pick–Up||4–6 days||$3.00|
|Electronic PDF1||4–6 days||$3.00|
|Expedited Delivery||Processing Time (business days)||Cost|
|Electronic PDF1||1 day||$13.00|
|Hold for Pick–Up||1 day||$13.00|
|Standard Mail||1 day||$13.00|
|FedEx - US||1 day||$28.00|
|FedEx - Canada/Mexico||1 day||$33.00|
|FedEx - International||1 day||Call for details|
Note: All Online orders will include an additional $2.25 processing fee.
- Electronic Delivery is only an option when ordering online. Not all recipients will accept the electronic version of transcripts. Please check with the recipient before placing your order to ensure they will accept this method of delivery.
- Not all recipients will accept the faxed versions of transcripts (accepted as official by other colleges and universities in Montana). Please check with the recipient before placing your order to ensure they will accept this method of delivery.