Enhance the research enterprise at MSU and provide guidance and recommendations for strategic investments to facilitate discovery on the MSU campus.
Areas of Responsibility
- Recommend approaches for enhancing research infrastructure.
- Recommend approaches for enhancing interdisciplinary research .
- Enhance research and creative activities across all disciplines of the university.
- Address broader impacts of social and ethical implications of research.
- Strengthen the integration of and the impact of research on the learning experience of our students.
- Identify approaches for enhancing and expanding MSU’s graduate program.
- Identify approaches for enhancing undergraduate engagement in research.
- Identify processes for enhancing the communication of discovery within and outside MSU, including ways to celebrate research.
- Identify goals and metrics for increased competitiveness and overall success of the research enterprise.
|VP for Research, Chair|
|*One Department Head|
|*Two Center Directors|
|*Seven Faculty||[One Representative from each College]|
|*One Faculty Senate|
|*One Professional Staff|
|One Community Member||[President's Advisory Council]|
|VP for Student Success||[Non-Voting]|
|Vice Provost Graduate Education||[Non-Voting]|
* This will be an elected, two-year term beginning 2012-2013.