Todd Kaiser's Vitae
Table of Contents
- Professional Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Invited Talks
- Professional Membership & Service
- Honorary Memberships
- Awards and Honors
Montana State University, Bozeman.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University, Corvallis
Department of Physics
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Thesis Topic: "A Micromachined Pendulous Oscillating Gyroscopic Accelerometer"
Thesis Advisor: Mark G. Allen
8/00 - pres
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT. Associate Professor
I conduct research and teach courses in the areas of microfabrication
and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS).
9/94 - 8/00
Milli Sensor Systems & Actuators, Inc., West Newton, MA. Senior Project Engineer
I was a project leader for numerous government sponsored programs.
This job involved analyzing and modeling micromachined accelerometers
and gyroscopes as well as writing proposals, maintaining budgets and
6/85 - 9/94
Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Cambridge, MA. Staff Physicist
I investigated performance limiting factors for various optical
gyroscopes and accelerometers.
8/00 - pres
Montana State University, ECE Department.
Bozeman, MT. Associate Professor
EE 207 - Circuits II (F01)
EE 334 - Electromagnetics I (F00-F09)
EE 335 - Electromagnetics II (S01-S06,S08,S10)
EE 407 - Microfabrication (S06-S11)
EE 408 - Photovoltaics (F09-F10)
EE 409 - Material Science (F02-F09)
EE 505 - MEMS Sensors & Actuators (odd S05-S11)
EE 580 - Solar Cell Basics for Teachers (Su09-Su10)
- “Position Sensitive Radiation Detector Integrated with an FPGA for Radiation Tolerant
Brock LaMeres, Todd Kaiser, Eric Gowens, Todd Buerkle, Jeff Price, Kevin Helsley, Brian Peterson, Robert Ray,
Proceedings of IEEE 2010 Sensors Conference, Waikoloa, HI, 2010
- “Inspiring Future Electrical Engineers through Science Teachers,”
Todd Kaiser, Peggy Taylor, Carolyn Plumb, Howard Tenenbaum, Seth Hodges,
Proceedings of 2010 American Society for Engineering Conference, Louisville, KY, 2010
- "MEMS Fabrication as a Multidisciplinary Laboratory",
T. J. Kaiser, A. Lingley, M. Leone, B. Pierson,
Proceedings, ASEE Annual Conference, June 24-27, 2007, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- "Design of a Microelectronic Manufacturing Laboratory",
S. Applin, T. J. Kaiser
Proceedings, ASEE Annual Conference, June 18-21, 2006, Chicago, Illinois.
- "Large-Area Molded Silicon Nitride Torsion Mirrors",
D. L. Dickensheets, B. Jeffrey Lutzenberger, T. J. Kaiser, P. A. Himmer,
Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE/LEOS International Conference on Optical MEMS, August 2002.
- "Silicon Nitride Biaxial Pointing Mirrors with Stiffening Ribs",
T. J. Kaiser, B. Jeffrey Lutzenberger, R. A. Friholm, P. A. Himmer, D. L. Dickensheets,
Proceedings of the 2001 SPIE Conference on Micromachining and Microfabrication, Vol. 4561, pp 277-282.
- "Micromachined Pendulous Oscillatory Gyroscopic Accelerometer",
T. J. Kaiser and M. G. Allen
2000 Solid-State Sensor and Actuators Workshop, pp 85-88, June 2000.
- “A Wireless Sensor Interrogation Design for Passive Resonant Frequency Sensors using
Frequency Modulation Spectroscopy,”
Brian Peterson, Andrew Olson, Todd Kaiser,
IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 10, No. 12, pp. 1884-90, Dec. 2010.
- "Design of a MEMS accelerometer using an Integrated Common Gate Differential Amplifier",
D. Coe, J. English, T. Kaiser, R. Lindquist,
Sensor Letters, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp 215-221, Sept. 2006.
- "Passive Telemetric Readout System",
Sajeeda, T. J. Kaiser,
IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp 1340-5, Oct. 2006.
- "Model of a MEMS Sensor using a Common Gate MOSFET Differential Amplifier",
D. J. Coe, J. M. English, R. G. Lindquist, T. J. Kaiser,
Journal of Physics D, Applied Physics, Vol. 39, No. 20, pp 4353-8, Oct. 21, 2006.
- "Large Area Molded Silicon Nitride Micro Mirrors",
B. Jeffrey Lutzenberger, D. L. Dickensheets, T. J. Kaiser,
IEEE Photonics Letters, Vol. 15, No. 10, pp 1407-9, Oct. 2003.
- "A Pendulous Oscillating Gyroscopic Accelerometer Fabricated Using Deep Reactive Ion
T. J. Kaiser and M. G. Allen,
IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp 21-28, Feb., 2003.
- "Stiffened Surface Micromachined Structures and Process for Fabricationg the Same",
D. L. Dickensheets, R. A. Friholm, P. A. Himmer, T. J. Kaiser, J. Lutzenberger
US Patent Application Serial No. 10/493,140, Oct. 22, 2001.
- "Radiation Tolerant Computing for the Europa Jupiter System Mission",
Robert Ray (NASA-ESMD), Brock LaMeres, Todd Kaiser, Ross Snider, David Andrews (U of Alabama),
Europa Jupiter Systems Mission (EJSM) Instrument Workshop
Radiation Capabilities Session, July 15-17, 2009, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD.
- “Solar Cell Basics for Teachers,”
Todd Kaiser, Optical Science & Engineering Conference,
Montana State University Optical Technology Center, Bozeman, MT, 20 August, 2009.
- "2007 NSF ECCS Grantees Workshop to Broaden Diversity Participation",
April 30 - May 2, 2007. Reno, Nevada.
- IEEE, Member, (2000-present).
- ASEE, Member, (2006-present).
- Sigma Phi Sigma, Physics Honor Society, Montana State University, Bozeman, 1977.
- 2008 Outstanding Instructor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman. (voted on by students).
- MSU Alumni Association Award of Excellence for Mentoring Students, 2007.
- College of Engineering Outstanding Instructor for ECE 2006.
- MSU Alumni Association Award of Excellence for Mentoring Students, 2004.
- MSU Alumni Association Award of Excellence for Mentoring Students, 2003.