Law School Application Checklist
- Create your LSAC.org account. Register for the LSAT.
- Register and prepare for the LSAT at least three months in advance, preferably more, of the test date.
- Begin researching law schools.
Create a list of schools where you plan to apply. Review the application and requirements well in advance of applying.
- Register for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) well in advance of application date. The CAS creates a report for which combines
your LSAT score, transcripts, letters of recommendation and an academic summary which
is transmitted to each law school where you apply. The fee is $155.
- Ask for letters of recommendation to be sent to CAS. Remember, CAS needs at least
two weeks to process letters.
- Apply to law schools from LSAC.org. account. Review the application and required materials for each school thoroughly.