Department of Ecology
Thanks for visiting.
- Ecology and geomorphology of rivers and streams
- Community ecology
- Biodiversity and ecosystem function
- Ecosystem engineers
- Response of freshwater ecosystems to drought
- River restoration
- 2015 Postdoctoral Fellow, Stroud Water Research Center
- 2013 Ph.D., University of California Santa Barbara
- 2006 B.S., Brown University
Fun things related to research in the Albertson Lab
See our Research page for more details about ongoing projects.
- Looking for science activities for your classroom? The Rock Pack experiment combines STEM topics of engineering, ecology, geomorphology, and mathematics in stream ecosystems through the world of the net-spinning caddisfly. Interactive and hands-on activities can be used indoors or outdoors in a 7th-12th grade lesson plan to get students excited about insects and rocks in streams and to learn interdisciplinary science skills and real-world science research applications.
- Film on caddisfly ecosystem engineers, Cairns Film
- Comic book story about caddisflies, Field Goats
- Film on our research with aquatic insects, Stroud Water Research Center
- Film on microplastics in rivers, MSU Undergraduate Scholar's Program