Outreach and K-12 Educational Materials
- The Rock Pack Experiment combines STEM topics of engineering, ecology, geomorphology, and mathematics in stream ecosystems through the world of the net-spinning caddisfly. Interactive and hands-on activities can be used indoors or outdoors in a 7th-12th grade lesson plan to get students excited about insects and rocks in streams and to learn interdisciplinary science skills and real-world science research applications.
- Film on caddisfly ecosystem engineers, Cairns Film
- Comic book story about caddisflies, Field Goats
- Film on our research with aquatic insects, Stroud Water Research Center
- Film on microplastics in rivers, MSU Undergraduate Scholar's Program