Solicitation of Stakeholder Comment
A CAEP 2023 Accreditation Request
The Department of Education at Montana State University—Bozeman is hosting an accreditation visit by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) on September 23, 2023. Programs under review are:
- Initial Licensure
- the undergraduate Teacher Education Program (TEP)
- the graduate Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Advanced Licensure
- the graduate Master of Education in Educational Leadership/Principal Preparation (MEd) and
- the graduate Superintendent Certificate (SupC).
Interested parties are invited to submit third-party comments to the CAEP evaluation team on or before August 12, 2023 to [email protected].
Comments should be relevant to the review period (2016 or later) and based on the core tenets of CAEP accreditation standards of excellence, which recognize that:
- In CAEP's performance-based system, accreditation is based on evidence that demonstrates that teacher and leader candidates know their subject matter and can teach and lead effectively so that students learn. In the CAEP system, Educator Preparation Providers (EPPs) must prove that candidates can connect theory to practice and be effective in actual P-12 classrooms and schools.
- A professional education provider that is accredited by CAEP is expected to be involved in ongoing planning and evaluation; engaged in continuous assessment and development; ensure that faculty and programs reflect new knowledge, practice, and technologies; and be involved in continuous development in response to the evolving world of education and educational reform.
Comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of professional education programs offered, and should specify the respondent's relationship, if any, to the institution (i.e., graduate, present or former faculty member, employer of graduates). Copies of all correspondence received will be sent to the university for comment prior to the review.
Please indicate in your comments whether they are relevant to the Teacher Education Program (either undergraduate or the graduate Master of Arts in Teaching), the M.Ed. for principals, or the Superintendent Certificate, or some combination thereof. Laudatory, critical, and merely observational comments are all welcome.
Comments must be received by CAEP on or before August 12, 2023. We invite you to submit written testimony to:
1140 19th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Or by email to: [email protected]
Click timeline to enlarge.