Broadwater County 4-H Leadership Scholarship Application
PDF of the application.
The purpose of the Broadwater County 4-H Leadership Scholarship is to help active 4-H youth further their education beyond high school, in an accredited school of post-secondary education: vocational-technical training, college/university, business schools, etc. Application is due April 1st, 2023.
Qualifications of Applicant:
1) Be an active 4-H member in Broadwater County during all four years of high school.
2) Be enrolled in and complete at least two projects each year of high school.
3) Exhibit leadership skills in 4-H related activities.
4) Be a high school graduating senior of the current year.
5) Enrolled in an accredited school of post-secondary education.
6) Submit up to date 4-H Record book with an application.
7) 4-H Record book must be completed before funds will be released.
Full Name: ___________________________________________________________________________
4-H Club Name: ____________________________________________________ Years in 4-H: ________
H.S. Graduation Date: __________________________________________________________________
Intended University/College/School: ______________________________________________________
(May use additional pages if needed)
1. What field of study do you intend to pursue?
2. Give an overview of your personal history in 4-H (projects, activities, accomplishments, awards received, etc.):
3. Summarize your 4-H leadership activities.
4. Describe how your 4-H experience helped you become a better leader.
5. Write a summary of what 4-H means to you.
6. Describe how you feel your 4-H experience will help you in the future.
Furnish three reference letters with application (one must be from a 4-H leader). Write names below.
**If I am the recipient of the Broadwater County 4-H Leadership Scholarship, I will use the monies to further my education at a post-secondary education institution or return the entire sum to the fund. I also understand my 4-H record book must be completed and turned in at the end of the 4-H year before funds will be released. I agree that my photo can be used in a press release and other publicity related to 4-H.
Signature of Applicant: _________________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: _____________________________________________________________
4-H Club Leader’s Signature: _____________________________________________________________
Application reviewed by County Agent: ____________________________________________________
Return completed application, up-to-date 4-H record book, three letters of reference, and a digital photo by April 1st, 2023 to:
MSU Extension Office – Broadwater County
Townsend, MT 59644