Dates: Mondays from March 20th to May 15th (No class on April 10th).
Location: Park County MSU Extension Office 119 S 3rd St, Livingston, MT 59047
The eight-week course will include:
- Introduction to Master Gardener Program
- Soils, Nutrients, and Fertilizers
- Plant Growth and Development
- Herbaceous Ornamentals and Native Plants
- Planting and Maintaining Trees and Shrubs
- Lawns and Irrigation
- Small Fruit, Fruit Trees, and Compost
- Introduction to Integrated Pest Management
The cost of the course is $175. Registration includes your textbook and class materials.
You have two options for taking the course. The first option is taking the certified
track. This means you want to become a Master Gardener volunteer as well as potentially
take further Master Gardener courses (Level II and III). To complete the certification
you would take a test at the end of the course (1 week take home test) and then complete
20 volunteer hours that are horticulturally related within a year of taking the course.
After you complete your hours you would receive a refund of $50. Option 2 is taking
the non-certified track. With this option you just take the course for your information
with no test or volunteer hour requirements. There is also no refund with this option.
Contact the office by phone or email to register: 406-222-4156 or [email protected]