Academic Grievance 

Please refer to and follow the MSU policy.

Non-Academic Grievance

A formal Non-Academic Grievance is a written complaint usually submitted to the relevant Campus Director and Associate Dean filled out via a PowerForm in DocuSign at the link below, including the following information:

  • A description of the complaint
  • Date of occurrence(s)
  • Why the decision or occurrence was unfair
  • Attempts at previous resolutions
  • Solution sought to complaint
  • Any relevant documentation that would confirm or strengthen grievance

Non-Academic Grievance Power Form

What is the Non-Academic Grievance Process?

  1. Informal Meeting: Initiated by the student or other member of the community of interest, typically with the Campus Director, as soon as possible after the cause of the grievance.
  2. Formal Grievance: A formal grievance can be filed only if the Campus Director and student cannot reach an agreement. The grievance should follow the format outlined above, should be sent to the Campus Director and the Associate Dean, and should be filed no more than 15 days into the following semester.
  3. Campus Director response: The Campus Director has 5 business days to respond to the student and Associate Dean after the receipt of the grievance.
  4. Dean/Associate Dean’s Review: The Dean or Associate Dean will review evidence, conduct interviews if possible, and produce a written decision to the student and Campus Director within 5 business days of receipt of the appeal.

Updated: July 2023