Residential parking is limited. There is no guarantee parking will be available near your residence. Students not requiring frequent use of vehicles are discouraged from bringing vehicles to campus. Please utilize alternate forms of transportation. See Eco-Friendly and Cost-Effective section for more information.
Are you a resident?
- Residents are those who live on campus in Residence Life housing, including the East Julia Martin freshman apartments. This does not include Family and Graduate Housing.
Where can I park?
- Residents are eligible to purchase permits for the Bison lots, Stadium lots and the Moose lot.
- Parking permits are limited and are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. Due to the lay out of our campus, many students will not be able to park near their residence. Please keep this in mind before bringing a vehicle to campus.
How can I purchase parking?
- Residents may purchase parking through the online parking portal AFTER Residence Life reports their status as an on-campus housing resident and 48 hours
after registering for classes.
- DO NOT create a visitor parking account as long-term permits will not be visible and the student may miss their chance to purchase their preferred permit.
- Parking lots will periodically close throughout the year to facilitate lot maintenance and snow removal. We will provide lot closure notifications via email and signage. Failure to move a vehicle may result in towing at the owner's expense.
- Oversize vehicles such as RVs and trailers are prohibited on campus.
Residents must comply with all University parking regulations. Please refer to the complete list of parking regulations at: www.montana.edu/parking/regulations.html