1000.00 Coordinators, Fees, Procedures for Use of Facilities
Adopted June 1994; Revised October 2001, scheduled review October 2004, Revised September 2011, Revised February 2019
- Table of Contents
- 1000.00 Campus Outdoor Spaces
- 1010.00 Use by Persons with Disabilities
- 1020.00 Conferences and Use by Non-affiliated Groups
- 1030.00 University Classrooms
- 1040.00 Auxiliary Facilities
- 1050.00 Burns Telecommunications Center
- 1060.00 Museum of the Rockies
- 1070.00 Agricultural Experiment Station
- 1080.00 Other Campus Facilities
Campus outdoor spaces may be used in accordance with the Freedom of Expression Policy. However, persons or groups who wish to conduct a specific activity not covered under the Freedom of Expression Policy using a campus outdoor space must request permission to use the space and follow the Outdoor Program Request Guidelines in addition to the General Provisions and Use Regulations and Limitations applying to all use of university facilities and property.
For purposes of this policy, outdoor spaces are the areas surrounding the various campus facilities located within the Bozeman Campus. Specifically, outdoor spaces include:
• Centennial Mall
• Romney Oval/Flagpole Area
• Hannon Lawn
• Lewis and Clark Field
• SUB Mall (area outside Bookstore entrance of SUB)
• South side of SUB (near bus loop)
• Wally Byam Park
• Any campus parking lots (if using for an activity)
• Any area outside Dining Halls, Residence Halls or Academic Buildings
· Sidewalks and green spaces
The university practice fields and other outdoor space used for sports and recreation are scheduled by the Office of Sports Facilities and are subject to the requirements of the Sports Facilities Policy Manual.
1010.00 Use by Persons with Disabilities
1020.00 Conferences and Use by Non-affiliated Groups
- The University Conference Services Office is responsible for scheduling space for all conferences and all events and activities on campus for non-affiliated users.
- The Conference Services Office will coordinate requests for space with the persons responsible for the use of facilities as outlined in this policy.
- For purposes of this policy, classroom means regular classrooms, class labs, and departmental conference rooms located in buildings used primarily for academic or research purposes.
- To ensure that all instructional needs receive the highest priority, the Office of the Registrar will have sole responsibility for releasing space in academic buildings for non-instructional use.
- Classrooms and conference rooms not usually scheduled by the Registrar (i.e., rooms under the jurisdiction of a department, college or building supervisor) will follow these guidelines and will be subject to the same rental fees as other classrooms when used by non-affiliated groups. Use of these rooms will be approved by the Building Supervisor and scheduled by Conference Services.
- All affiliated groups may use general University classrooms at no charge if they do not charge a fee for the event.
- All affiliated groups charging a fee to the event, will be required to pay for the full costs associated with the use, including the costs for set-up, custodial services, utilities, security/police services and any additional services required for the event.
- Non-affiliated groups will pay the current rental rates and the costs for set-up, custodial services, utilities, security/police services and any additional services required for the event.
- Fees collected will be deposited in a classroom remodeling account administered by the Office of Facilities Services.
- To ensure a confirmation of their reservation, all affiliated groups requesting the use of University classroom space must file their written request with the Registrar's Office by 9:00 am at least three days before the first day of the requested room use.
- The Registrar will approve a list of requested classrooms for conference use during the summer session after the Summer Schedule of Classes is sent to the printer (approximately April 15 each year).
Definition: For the purpose of this policy, Auxiliary Facilities include the Strand Union Building, Sports Facilities, the SOB Barn, the Residence Halls and Dining Rooms, and Danforth Chapel.
- Strand Union Building [SUB]. Use of the SUB is governed by this policy and policies regarding the use of the SUB facilities which can be accessed at /policy/sub/index.htm.
- The University Conference Services Office is responsible for scheduling the use of the SUB for affiliated and non-affiliated groups.
- Affiliated groups may use the SUB meeting space at no charge, if the event is not open to the public and they do not charge a fee to attend the event.
- Non-affiliated groups will be charged fees for the use of the facilities and services related to the use of the facilities.
- The University Conference Services Office will bill and collect the fees charged. Fees collected for use of SUB facilities will be deposited in the appropriate SUB Auxiliary account.
- SOB Barn
- The use of the SOB Barn will be coordinated by the University Conference Services Office.
- Fees will be assessed in accordance with the current schedule.
- Fees will be billed and collected by the University Conference Services Office and the fees collected will be deposited in the appropriate SOB Barn account.
- Residence Halls
- The use of the Residence Halls will be coordinated by the Director of Residence Life during the academic year and will be coordinated by the Summer Housing Coordinator during the summer.
- Fees will be assessed in accordance with the current schedule or by the Summer Housing Coordinator.
- Fees will be billed and collected by the Director of Residence Life or the Summer
Housing Coordinator and the fees collected will be deposited in the appropriate Auxiliary
D. Sports Facilities
- Sports facilities include the Bobcat Stadium; the Fieldhouse and the apron to the west of the Fieldhouse; Roskie, Lambert, Gatton, all 7th and Kagy fields; Romney Gym; Shroyer; Marga Hosaeus H & PE Complex field; outdoor track complex; outdoor tennis courts; the tennis facility and the tennis bubble.
- The use of the Sports Facilities will be coordinated by the Director of Sports Facilities.
- Fees will be assessed in accordance with the current schedule.
- Fees will be billed and collected by the Sports Facilities Department and will be deposited in the appropriate account.
All non-affiliated use of the Burns Telecommunications Center classrooms and conference rooms is limited to approved programs scheduled by University Conference Services and/or Burns Telecommunications Center and approved by the Director of the Burns Telecommunication Center.
1060.00 Museum of the Rockies
1080.00 Other Campus Facilities
The use of all other campus facilities shall be approved by the Vice President for Administration or designee.