PD-1 Purchase Requisition Instructions
These instructions are provided for assistance only and should not be submitted with purchase requisition.
PURCHASE REQUISITION INSTRUCTIONS
Requestor’s Contact Info:
Provide name, phone number, and email of person submitting this requisition.
Provide complete information, including name and phone number of billing contact person.
Provide complete physical address and any special instructions for where you want your items shipped. Include name and phone number of contact person who will be receiving your goods.
Type of Requisition:
Check the appropriate box to indicate the reason for this requisition.
- If you are adding money or extending a Contract please provide a revised statement of work justifying the cost increase or the extension.
GOODS/SERVICES BEING REQUESTED:
- Capital Item: An item that costs $5,000 or more and has a life expectancy of greater than 1 year
- Item #: Provide a line number for each item being purchased; if an item consists of a group or package of items, this would be a single item number.
- Description: The name of the commodity and specification details can be provided in the space available on the Requisition form or attached in a Word document. Include name, size (dimensions); color; physical requirements, as well as any other specifications required for a vendor to provide a complete quote. If the requisition is being submitted for a renewal or extension of a Purchase Order or Contract, provide the time period, description of services to be provided
- Mfg & Catalog Number; Quantity; Unit of Measure; Unit Cost; Unit Total: For each item specify this information. Unit of Measure, for example, may be “year”, “month”, “lot”, “system”, “each”, etc.
- Estimated Initial Purchase Price: The estimated total is the total for this purchase request.
- Total Contract Value: Is the Total Contract Value (TCV) for this product or service. For example if it is a multiple year contract, the TCV would be a sum of all the Contract Terms.
- Requisition Date: Show date Requisition was submitted for approval signatures.
- Date Required: Provide a reasonable date you would like the item to be delivered. For services, use the date you would like service to begin. Please note that purchases are governed by the State Procurement Bureau and proper purchasing procedures must be followed. The time required for your requisition to be processed will vary.
- Additional Requirements: Consider any additional requirements to support a successful selection of the responsible, responsive, lowest bidder. Things to consider include Warranties, Installation, Training, Maintenance and Support, Special Delivery Instructions, Documentation (Owner/Operator Manuals), References, Demonstrations, Samples, Parts, etc.
If any of the following apply, the completed signed forms must accompany the Requisition when submitted, check the appropriate boxes for all that are included:
- Brand Justification (PD-13): Only one brand meets the requirement however this brand may be available from more than one supplier.
- Sole Source Justification (PD-14): Only one supplier is available to provide the supply or service. The goods cannot be obtained through an alternative source.
- Property Asset Removal Request (PARR): Required for Trade-In of MSU Property. http://www.montana.edu/wwwbu/prop_forms.html
- Index #(s); Org #; Acct Code(s); Split: Specify this information identifying any funding allocations between accounts. If additional splits are required attach details on an attachment to the Purchase Requisition.
- Federal Funds: Are federal funds used to pay for this purchase?
- Fiscal Year Allocation: Specify from which fiscal year the funds will be used to pay for this purchase.
Provide complete contact information for at least three vendors or preferred suppliers, if available. If it is a sole source purchase and you have completed a PD-14 provide the vendor information for the sole source vendor.
Route for required approval signatures according to schedule in Appendix E of the Purchasing Procedures Manual.
The Requisition form must be completely filled in, including complete description and specifications. If additional space is needed for the Specifications, please attach a second page. Requisitions may not be used for commodities or services that have already been received. Call Procurement Services to discuss at x3211.
- Type the names of the individuals who are required to approve the requisition in the printed name box of the funding approval section.
- Email all the requisition (PDF with signatures) and all supporting documentation to [email protected]
- Attach signed PDF copies of all written quotations, if available. Quotations should only be obtained if it is a sole source purchase.
- Submit signed original Requisition to Procurement Services.
- Attach original versions of completed and signed Supporting Forms to the Requisition.
- Email required specifications to Procurement Services at [email protected] as a Word attachment.
- Attach signed original copies of all written quotations, if available. Quotations should only be obtained if it is a sole source purchase.