Shared Distribution of Expenditures
Y/N – Will expenditures be shared among multiple departments, centers or institutes in separate funds/indexes?
To provide notification that budgets and expenditures will be divided among separate OSP managed funds/indexes when multiple departments, centers, or institutes will be funded from a single award. This option applies to Full Proposals only. Pre-Proposals, Limited Submission Pre-Proposals and MSU internal awards do not include the specifications.
- Attach the MSU detailed budget form for a single organization to the full proposal clearance form (ePcf).
- Attach the MSU detailed budget form for multiple organizations which includes a tab for each organization sharing expenditures from the award. The entries for individual organizations will equal the total budget submitted to the sponsor.
- Specify additional details about the shared expenditures in the text area provided for the option.
- On the Add Approval page of the ePcf, select each organization sharing expenditures so the head of the organization can review the form during routing for approval.
- Once awarded, separate OSP funds/indexes will be established in Banner for each organization identified on the multi-tab budget form. The OSP fiscal manager and Lead PI for the award will confirm the information from the proposal before the individual funds/indexes are established.
- OSP will establish an internal Rollup code to connect the multiple OSP funds/indexes so that one report can be submitted when required by the sponsor.
- Each PI will be responsible for monitoring expenditures for their fund/index. The Lead PI for the award will monitor total expenditures.