The Jabs Entrepreneurship Center
London Entrepreneurship and Marketing Course - 2018
Earn MSU Spring 2018 term credit on-campus and abroad!
This summer program is a faculty-led, intensive two-week summer school program focused on marketing and entrepreneurship in the international setting of London, England. The program is designed to expose students to themes concerning entrepreneurial international business, both in the form of classes and site visits. Students will learn about the culture, customs, politics, and history as well as business and entrepreneurship in England. You’ll spend time in the classroom of a London University learning about small entrepreneurial London business and marketing. Students will engage in critical thinking and enhance their global perspective as they research and explore a city with over a thousand year history of small business and an early vision of entrepreneurship. We will visit a number of international organizations that may include, Nike UK, M & C Saatchi, The Financial Times and the BBC.
Dates abroad: May 20 - June 3, 2018.
This trip will be led by JJCBE faculty member Mike Gold. Application deadline is November 1. Questions? Contact Linda Ward, email@example.com, 406-994-1995.
Business Alum Wins National Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition
Alex Crosby '13, took first place in a recent national entrepreneurship pitch competition for a mobile app he is developing to help curb drunken driving.
His HERO app won the top prize in the competition, which was sponsored by the Blackstone LaunchPad and held in Boston as part of the prestigious Forbes Under 30 Summit. Top ventures from 20 schools within the Blackstone network participated in the competition.
- 1260+ students have participated in the consulting courses.
- The students have provided well over 20,000 hours of pro-bono business analysis
- More than 300 clients (businesses, organizations, and non-profits) in Montana have been served including: Bozeman Public Library, Foundant Technologies, Shakespeare in the Parks, PrintingForLess.com, and Zoot Enterprises
- Students participating in the Entreprentice Challenge have raised more than $25,000 for local non-profits over the past six years.
- The program was one of 19 recognized by the SBA in 2005 and 2007 for demonstrated
IN THE NEWS!
More Student and Alumni Highlights:
Students raise more than $5,200 for local non-profits through Entreprentice Challenge
Business student's entrepreneurship blog article featured on Huffington Post
Alum's app for reducing drunken driving accepted into prestigious accelerator program
Business alumni support entrepreneurial education at MSU with $570,000 gift
MSU alum Ryan Rickert advises budding entrepreneurs to try, try again
MSU alum and successful businessman gives more than $3 million to College of Business