The Jabs Entrepreneurship Center
Student Entrepreneurs Sweep Top Places, Secure Funding
All five teams of Montana State University student entrepreneurs who competed at a statewide startup competition earned awards and funding to support their ventures. The MSU teams swept the top four places and secured the majority of the $50,000 available prize money.
The students were competing at the 30th annual John Ruffatto Business Startup Challenge, held March 8, 2019, at the University of Montana in Missoula. During the competition, the teams made their pitches in front of more than 50 judges ranging from small business owners to angel investors. In all, 12 finalists represented MSU and the University of Montana at the competition.
Business Alum Wins National Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition
Alex Crosby '13, took first place in a recent national entrepreneurship pitch competition for a mobile app he is developing to help curb drunken driving.
His HERO app won the top prize in the competition, which was sponsored by the Blackstone LaunchPad and held in Boston as part of the prestigious Forbes Under 30 Summit. Top ventures from 20 schools within the Blackstone network participated in the competition.
- 1260+ students have participated in the consulting courses.
- The students have provided well over 20,000 hours of pro-bono business analysis
- More than 300 clients (businesses, organizations, and non-profits) in Montana have been served including: Bozeman Public Library, Foundant Technologies, Shakespeare in the Parks, PrintingForLess.com, and Zoot Enterprises
- Students participating in the Entreprentice Challenge have raised more than $25,000 for local non-profits over the past six years.
- The program was one of 19 recognized by the SBA in 2005 and 2007 for demonstrated
IN THE NEWS!
- Project for MSU class turns into growing Montana business
- MSU entrepreneurs win top places, secure funding
- Entrepreneurial opportunities associated with MSU business college highlighted in magazine
- Alumni entrepreneurs' startup shares $50,000 prize in Early Stage Montana competition
- Montana High school students participate in college's new entrepreneurship program
- Huffmaster named director of Blackstone LaunchPad
- Technology companies compete in showcase at MSU
- MSU student entrepreneurs secure business funding
- Partnership provides entrepreneurial opportunities
- Founder of Zillow is the spring Orser speaker
- MSU Alumna places second in national competition
- MSU student entrepreneurs participate in national training camp
- Entrepreneur to discuss the creative process
- Business student accepted into fellow program
- MSU hosts international female entrepreneurs
- MSU business students raise more than $7,000
- Teams of entrepreneurs place at startup challenge in Missoula
- Kickstarter, R/GA and Havas to speak March 30 about power of data, design and dreams