Stuart R. Challender
Assistant Teaching Professor
2002 to present
Office: Traphagen Hall 202
Phone: (406) 994-7566
Office Hours Fall 2015:
M 2:00-3:00 pm
R 9:30-11:00 am
Master of Landscape Architecture, MLA, Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning,
Utah State University, 1986
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, BLA, Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning, Utah State University, 1985
Bachelor Degree in Plant and Soil Science, Montana State University, 1977
Montana Association of Geographic Information Professionals (MAGIP)
- Board of Directors, Chair Professional Development Committee, 2010
- Conference Workshop Coordinator. Intermountain GIS Conference. 2001 to 2014
- Conference Workshop Instructor. Intermountain GIS Conference. 2001 to 2011
Manager, Professional Education Programs. Utah Automated Geographic Reference Center, 1989 - 2000. Coordinated development of and taught a variety of GIS related workshops and courses offered to professionals in Utah and surrounding states.
Adjunct Instructor, Geography 516, "Raster Based GIS." University of Utah, Spring Quarter 1997.
ESRI Certified ArcView Instructor, 1996 - 2000.
Co-instructor, URISA Workshop "Introduction to GIS"
- Alaska Surveying and Mapping Conference, Anchorage, AK, February 1996
- Utah Geographic Information Council Annual Conference, 1995
- GIS/LIS 1995 Conference, Nashville, Tennessee
Adjunct Instructor, Developed and taught "Introduction to Geographic Information Systems," Geography 492, Section 51. Weber State University, Spring Quarter 1990.
Lecturer and teaching assistant, Department of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning, Utah State University, 1983-1986.