PhD Volcanology - University of Pittsburgh, January 2014
B.S. Geology - University of Washington, 2002
- Determining the geodetic signature of the Sheldon seismic swarm in NW Nevada
- Determining the mechanics of emplacement of mafic lava flows under ice sheets and glaciers
- Inferring paleo-ice conditions from subglacial lava flows and related glacial sediments
- Differentiating glaciated, non-glaciated and subglacial lava flows using remotely sensed imagery
- Characterizing and radiogenic dating of explosive events at the summit of Mauna Loa Volcano
- Developing a technique of dating basaltic lavas less than 2000 ka using cosmogenic 36Cl nuclides
Hungerford JDG, Edwards BR, Skilling IP, Cameron BI, 2014. Evolution of a subglacial
basaltic lava flow field: Tennena volcanic center, Mount Edziza volcanic complex,
British Columbia, Canada.
Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 272, 39-58.
Hungerford JDG, Skilling IP, Lloyd A, Edwards BR. Preliminary Interpretation on the role of sub-ice topography on the emplacement of basaltic pillow lavas at Tennena Cone, Mount Edziza Complex, British Columbia. AGU Fall Meeting, 2006.
Stone JO, Hungerford JDG, Trusdell FA, Fifield LK. Cosmogenic chlorine-36 ages for the 1975 and 1984 eruptions of Mauna Loa, Hawaii. GSA Fall meeting, 2005.
Hungerford JDG, Trusdell FA, Preliminary investigations of the mechanics and mechanisms of explosive events on Mauna Loa, Hawaii. IAVCEI General Meeting, 2004.
Hungerford JDG, Stone JO, Trusdell FA, Fifield LK. Exposure dating of recent explosive events on Mauna Loa, Hawaii. AGU Fall Meeting, 2002.
Hungerford JDG, Trusdell FA, Stone JO, Fifield LK. Exposure dating of explosive events at the summit caldera of Mauna Loa with cosmogenic Chlorine-36. In preparation for USGS Review. To be submitted to the Bulletin of Volcanology.
Hungerford JDG, Edwards, BR, Gregg TKP. Emplacement of coherent basaltic lavas under an ice mass: analysis of the Tennena Cone Lava flows, Mount Edziza Volcanic Complex, British Columbia, Canada. In preparation for submission to the Journal of Geophysical Research – Solid Earth.
Hungerford JDG, Ramsey, MS. Identification of glacially weathered lava flows using ASTER. In preparation for submission to the journal Remote Sensing of Environment.