Department of Agricultural Economics
and Economics (DAEE)
Situated jointly within MSU's College of Agriculture and College of Letters and Sciences, our department offers a unique opportunity for students with diverse interests to learn skills in
- Critical analysis
- Logical problem solving
- Data and policy analysis
- Written and oral communication
- Business management
We train individuals who will make a big difference in the world by applying solid critical thinking skills. Our award-winning faculty has expertise in a wide variety of fields. We conduct cutting-edge research and teach a myriad of courses.
We take an active interest in our students by
- Keeping upper division classes for our majors small
(averaging fewer than 30 students per class).
- Implementing many innovative teaching methods.
- Helping to facilitate students' recognition of their own ability (and responsibility) to think independently.
- Encouraging our students to be engaged and active in directing the course of their lives.
We focus on teaching and instilling in students a desire to
- Use logic and reason
- Organize their thoughts
- Solve problems rather than simply memorize and recite the subject matter
- Learn, so that they will leave our courses prepared and eager for lifelong learning
Our programs have an excellent reputation with local, regional, national and international firms, as well as with exceptional graduate schools in law, economics and public policy.
We offer Bachelor's of Science degree in
and a Master's of Science degree in