Superintendent Certificate Program
The Educational Leadership Program at Montana State University offers the School Superintendent Certificate Program to prepare candidates to complete all state requirements for licensure as a School Superintendent in Montana. The Montana School Superintendent Certificate Program is a 15-credit certificate with coursework designed to be completed through an intensive summer program with a semester long internship following the coursework.
Students must first apply to the School Superintendent Certificate Program via the MSU Graduate School http://www.montana.edu/gradschool/admissions/apply.html. The early admission deadline is February 1st with final deadline of April 1st. Once accepted to the program, students must enroll and begin summer session classes by mid-May. Classes begin with online coursework and culminate with a two-week on campus experience during the last two weeks in June.
Program of Study
|EDLD 620||The School Superintendent||3|
|EDLD 645||Personnel and Collective Bargaining in MT||3|
|EDLD 650||MT Finance & Facilities||3|
|EDLD 655||MT Legal & Policy Studies||3|
Field Exper in Ed Ldrshp
How to Apply
The minimum requirement for admission to the certificate program is a master's degree or current enrollment in a master's program. In the personal statement candidates should describe their qualifications, previous educational experience and leadership goals.
Complete the Graduate School application available online at the Graduate School website.
Applicants are to submit the following documentation during the application process:
- Official Transcripts from each university attended. Transcripts must verify all bachelor's and master's degree coursework. Applicants who are alumni of MSU-Bozeman do not need to submit official transcripts, however they should upload unofficial transcripts during the application process
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement - please address the following:
- Brief background (time in education, teaching, leadership experiences)
- Goal for completing the Certificate - What are the applicant's leadership goals?
Note: Additional information may be requested by the Admissions Committee upon receipt of the application.
The following are the application deadline dates by which all the application materials must be submitted via the online application system for Summer Semester.
- Early Review Deadline: February 1st
- Application Deadline: April 1st
Applications received after the deadline may be reviewed for acceptance on a case-by-case basis.
Educational Leadership Faculty
Dr. Tena Versland, Program Leader and
Chair, Montana School Superintendent Certificate Program
406-994-6799 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bill Ruff
406-994-4182 Email: email@example.com
Dr. David Henderson
406-994-6424 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Program Assistant
Montana State University
PO Box 172880
Reid Hall 215, Bozeman, MT 59717-2880