Information for Horatio Alger and Hilleman Scholars
Montana State University is honored to partner with both the Dennis & Phyllis Washington Foundation and the Horatio Alger Scholar Association, by offering a Hilleman Scholarship to every Horatio Alger Scholar who enrolls at MSU-Bozeman for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Through this joint effort, recently admitted Horatio Alger Scholars who apply to become Hilleman Scholars will receive all the privileges (and expectations) of the Hilleman Scholars Program. To serve as many students as possible fitting our eligiblity criteria, Hilleman Scholar Program scholarships cannot be "stacked" or combined with other scholarship monies such as those provided by the Horatio Alger Scholars Program. Examples include but are not limited to:
- A scholarship totaling $4,600 per year - for up to four years. The scholarship amount of $4,000, is the total funds available for both Horatio Alger and Hilleman Scholars per year.
- $2,000 stipend for attending the Summer Success Academy ($1,000 stipend and $1,000 to be applied to your fall semester tuition).
- A $500 bonus for earning at 3.0 GPA or greater during the Summer Success Academy for math and writing courses, with an additional $1,500 through our partnership with the MESA program ($500 cash bonus, plus the opportunity to triple the bonus through the MESA Program). All program guidelines must be met.
- Study abroad experience during the junior year
- Leadership development
- Peer mentoring
- Internship placements
- Intensive career development support
- Alumni mentoring
- Projects designed to advance citizenship and giving back to our Montana communities.
Applications are due no later than Monday, July 16th.
Questions? Please call us at 406.994.7627.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application!
Please note: Horatio Alger Scholars are not required to submit a letter of recommendation from their high school counselor, teacher, or coach. Given that you are a Horatio Alger Scholar, we know you are impressive, and we want you to also become a Hilleman Scholar!